Wednesday, November 08, 2006

A Pointed Appointment

I just received a call from the good folks at Princess Margaret Hospital. It seems I had an appointment for today but was not notified about it -- hey, if there are to be mistakes, let's hope they are all this minor. Fortunately, they've rescheduled me for tomorrow morning at 9:30. It sounds like it will be an initial consultation ("It shouldn't take long," PMH-caller said). I'll be seeing radiation oncologist Dr. Brian O'Sullivan:



I've been advised that it's always helpful to have along some extra pairs of ears in these situations, so I've asked my aunt Linda to accompany Jeanette and I to the appointment; she has kindly agreed and even offered to drive us.

It will be a relief to finally get some more information on what to expect in the coming weeks.

More tomorrow.

6 Comments:

At November 08, 2006 7:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey David & Jeanette, just wanted you to know that we're thinking about you and that we hope your appointment tomorrow gives you re-assuring news and more information! Its great to see you have a blog and its a great way to see what's going on without bugging everyone for information. Much love you to all and we're sending positive vibes your way!!! Dennis, Barb & Landon Dean

 
At November 08, 2006 8:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear David and Jeanette, I've never "been" on a blog before so I'm glad you'r e my first although I wish it were under different circumstances.

Well, I have to say that the bright side for me is that you are seeing a man with a good Irish name.You're in good hands with an O'Sullivan. It's a west Cork name and as they'd say at home "Sound man". Don't worry, it's a good way to describe someone!

I'll say so long for now...Am I doing this blog thing right??

Lots of hugs,
Martina

 
At November 08, 2006 10:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Guys -

We're thinking and praying for you up here in Barrie. Please feel a great big hug from me and know that we're here for you both. Tomorrow will be a day of much information to process - take it easy and be sure to take care of yourselves and each other!

Love,
Cassie

 
At November 09, 2006 8:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

David & Jeanette,
Thanks for keeping us posted. You'll be in our thoughts today. Keep taking it one step at a time. Sending you lots of positive engery and BIG hugs!
Love,
Krista, Tony & Charlotte

 
At November 09, 2006 1:42 PM, Blogger Selene said...

I almost forgot to tell you - the beautiful PMH is where I did my RMT practical exams. I definitely had some ggod luck and success there...I hope that tiday and in future, you are too.

 
At November 10, 2006 9:37 PM, Blogger David Wichman said...

Thank you, all for your encouragement. It means a lot to both Jeanette and me.

Barb, Dennis, and Landon: That's a mighty fine blog you've got yourselves!

Martina: You're doing this blog thing just perfectly! Have you caught the name of my consulting surgeon yet?

Cassie: Thanks for the hug. Hope you guys are keeping warm in Barrie.

Krista, Toni, and Charlotte: Grateful for your kind words from Harriston. Hopefully we'll be up for a visit before you know it.

Selene: I'll be sure to channel the good luck you experienced at PMH in the coming weeks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home