Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A-OK @ PMH & TPS

Just a quick post to say that I had a checkup today at Princess Margaret Hospital and all is well. My "cancer crew" was thrilled to hear of my upcoming graduation, and I let them know it's in no small part thanks to their efforts. Without the RNs and MDs at PMH there'd be no me to get an M.A.

I then walked along College Street to the headquarters of Toronto Police Services for a check of a different kind: a request for the criminal records check required by the Ontario College of Teachers. Rest assured, dear reader, that this too will come back all clear.

While I was at Toronto's police HQ, I checked out their free Museum and Discovery Centre. I've long been curious about it, but because it is only open on weekdays, I've never before had the opportunity. It's very well done and outlines the history of Toronto's police force from the first ragtag bunch of conscripted locals in the early 19th century to the world-class organization of today. It even explains the choice of yellow for those taxi-like squad cards from the seventies! I recommend having a look if you're in the neighbourhood (and you make bail).

1 Comments:

At April 22, 2010 8:33 AM, Blogger Alanna said...

Wow Big D,
So glad to hear that you're finally normal. Except we know you'd have to be crazy to wanna be a teacher! Make sure to send us an invite to the graduation party....hint hint.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home