Monday, October 22, 2007

Home for the Week!

I'm home again! After this morning's radiation appointment, I dutifully returned to floor 17-B to check back in. Imagine my delight when Dr. Thompson said I could go home. He's booked the next G-tube insertion attempt for next Monday, Oct. 29.

I couldn't be happier to be recovering at home. Before we left the hospital I collected some items I'd left in the hospital room and found a meal waiting for me. The sight of it almost set me spewing anew.

Have I mentioned I'm happy to be home?

3 Comments:

At October 22, 2007 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yah for being home! Hospital food is bad enough, but when you add in associating it with being sick - blaaa!

Hugs,
Sandra

P.S. Did you know that some word verification programs now use bits of text from books that are being put into electronic format? When the text can't be recognised by the OCR software they use it as "word verification" and get it translated by humans at the same time.

 
At October 23, 2007 12:11 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You are AMAZING, Dave. Sounds as if you've been to hell and back in the first week, yet somehow you retain your sense of humour.

Jeanette, thanks so much for keeping the blog up-to-date.

Those of us who are watching, thinking about and pulling for you from afar salute you both!!

Ron & Judy (Chad's Mom)

 
At October 23, 2007 7:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AAAaaah home. Gotta love it. You sound good. It will be nice to have a little break from hospital central. I haven't been calling because I wasn't sure about how well you were feeling. I thought by writing here that you could read it at your leisure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home