Saturday, October 13, 2007

Game On!

Tomorrow I check in to Princess Margaret Hospital. By the time I return home on Wednesday, I'll have my G-tube in place and I'll have undergone my first dose of chemo and my first two sessions of radiation therapy. As much fun as this all sounds, I decided I needed something a little more enjoyable to look forward to while recovering at home.

And so, I've traded in a bunch of old PS2 games and gotten a deal on a shiny new Xbox 360. My folks have been kind enough to throw in an early Christmas gift: a 19" LCD-HDTV (thanks, Mom & Dad!). Our second bedroom, soon to be my recovery room, now has a sweet little set-up for virtual distraction.

Alfredo was kind enough to help me break it in this afternoon. The time flew by as he thoroughly trounced me in a car racing game.


I've kept Alfredo up to date about my cancer treatments and we both knew today was likely our last visit for a few months. Even though I've promised to phone and e-mail often, it was a pretty sad good-bye when I dropped him back home. No worries, little buddy. I'll be back in the driver's seat before you know it.

Let the games begin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home