Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Triopsy

Jeanette and I returned to Princess Margaret Hospital this morning and met with Dr. Gideon Bachar (who took the sample for biopsy last week), Dr. Irish, and a biopsy technician. Dr. Irish tells me it's not uncommon for a tissue sample to yield insufficient cells for a proper diagnosis. The technician was present today to check right away that the new sample was sufficient.

So, once again, Dr. Bachar inserted a needle into my neck and jiggled it around to obtain a sample. Alas, the technician gave it another thumbs down. Third time's a charm they say, but there was nothing charming about the longer needle Dr. Irish used on the third attempt. He didn't say whether or not he got what he needed, but he did take pity on my aching neck and said that was all they would do today. Jeanette agreed I looked a little like a vampire victim.

Next will be the CT scan tomorrow night. To discuss the results, we've arranged for Dr. Iris to call me on Friday in Canmore where we'll be on holiday. Next week is vacation time for the good doctor as well, so it's unlikely any treatment will take place until September, but I'll know more on Friday. If need be, I'm prepared to return early from our trip out west.

More news on Friday.

3 Comments:

At August 21, 2007 8:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi David, thanks for keeping us up to date.I'm doing my best shouting at the Gods!All kinds of them.
By the way,loved the stories of all your trips with family and Alfredo.
Keep the faith...hugs,Martina

 
At August 22, 2007 11:43 AM, Blogger David Wichman said...

Thanks, Martina! Always grateful to have you in my corner.

David

 
At August 23, 2007 3:45 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

Well crappers, I hope things turn out as well as they possibly can.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home