Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Down the Tubes (in a Good Way!)

I'm home again!

The second tube attempt at inserting a feeding tube was a success. This tube is a jejunostomy tube or J-tube. It is longer than the G-tube and goes through my stomach into my jejunum (small intestine). This type of tube is much more common, which no doubt helps account for this attempt's success... that and the fact that my stomach wasn't doing the cha-cha from chemo.

This morning I successfully took in nutrients via the J-tube and so they let me go home. Although the pain still isn't too bad in mouth and I'm still eating solids, I'll nevertheless be ingesting a can of this stuff a day from now on. The does will increase to six cans daily once I can no longer eat orally.

Meanwhile, my taste buds are now fully gone. I'm already compiling a list of foods I plan to gorge on when my taste returns in a few months' time. Mmmm. Cheeseburgers...

As always, thank you to all for your comments, calls, and cards of support. You sure know how to make a guy with a tube in his stomach feel better!

2 Comments:

At October 31, 2007 6:45 PM, Blogger Chad Skelton said...

Jejunostomy? Isn't that one of the martial arts?

 
At November 01, 2007 8:10 AM, Blogger Jenn said...

Glad to hear that things are better this time around!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home