Monday, October 22, 2012

Red Maple Award Nomination!

 

Holy unexpected accolades, Medical Man! I am thrilled to announce that The Adventures of Medical Man has been nominated for a Red Maple Award in the category of non-ficiton! I have long been an admirer of the Ontario Library Association's Forest of Reading program. I have witnessed first-hand how the OLA rolls when it comes to celebrating books for young people. We're talking rock star treatment here, people. Cheering throngs of young readers. Passionate discussions about favourite works. And dumbstruck authors in disbelief that all this fuss is for them. In my years attending the awards as a bookseller with Mabel's Fables and then later as an editor with Annick Press, I never, ever imagined that I would someday be one of those dumbstruck authors. Well, consider me struck dumb.

Dumb lucky, too. To have had my wagon hitched to such stars as Dr. Mike Evans and Gareth Williams is more than a rookie writer like me deserves. But I am not complaining. I am so grateful to be in their company and the company of all the talented writers that have been nominated. Better still, this nomination will get the book seen by so many more eyeballs. And readers are the blood that keeps a book alive. Thank you, OLA, for ensuring the ongoing health of The Adventures of Medical Man!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home