Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Covert Ops

I was surprised last night to come home to a voice mail from Toronto General Hospital. It seems I have a "pre-op" appointment the morning of Friday, December 22. Pre-op? But when is the op? Is it a secret?

I've since talked with Barbara, the booking nurse at Dr. Irish's office. The surgery will be in January but is still not yet booked. She expects to get some available dates from Dr. Irish next week.

I've also spoken with Rose at the admissions desk at Toronto General. The pre-op appointment will mostly be an information session about preparing for the surgery and aftercare. I'll also sign the usual consent forms and likely have some blood taken. It shouldn't take more than two hours.

3 Comments:

At December 14, 2006 3:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey David,

Hmm... the Pre-Op. This could be the next BIG fad in video gaming. I'll see what I can do at work here about making that happen!

Glad to hear that the surgery's been postponed until after Christmas! :)

All the best to you and your family!

Happy Holidays!


Cheers,
Kim
:)

 
At December 14, 2006 8:17 PM, Blogger Selene said...

That's Jeremy's birthday! We will think of you while wiping birthday cake off the walls.

 
At December 17, 2006 9:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey David and Jeanette,
I'm such a delinquent, I just read all of the blog at once and I'm now caught up. Not sure what to get you for Christmas....a giant book of Sudoku or just lend you our Firefly series... Are you planning rowdy or lethargic things for the holiday season? Would love to catch up in person. Kisses and hugs, from Alanna and the King boys

 

Post a Comment

<< Home