Friday, August 24, 2007

Up in the Mountains, Under the Knife

Jeanette and I safely arrived in Canmore yesterday. This is my view out the window as I type this:

It was also the view I had when I received the phone call from Princess Margaret Hospital earlier this morning. I am now officially booked for surgery on Thursday, September 6 at 8:00 AM -- which means I have to be at the hospital for 6:00 AM. Yeesh! There's no anaesthetic to the dull the pain of getting up that early.

I haven't yet spoken directly with Dr. Irish (the call came from Barbara, his nurse at the Head & Neck Clinic), but evidently the CT scan results confirm the need for surgery. Barbara said he's in the OR today, but that she'd pass on a message reminding him to call. I'll post another update if he does get in touch with more information.

3 Comments:

At August 24, 2007 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey David!

Great view! Terrible news! Although I know it was what you expected. I'm glad you don't have to shorten your holiday. Of course we are all thinking of you back at Annick.

Regarding the entry on the 20th. You are hilariously twisted.

Hugs,
Sandra

 
At August 26, 2007 1:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmm, cancer. I'm sure that Tim will want to spread some on his toast.

You know this is only happening because you won the Big Brother of the Year award, right? Have the Martyr of the Year people called you yet?

Hey, we're rooting for you and not your microscopic cancer cells. We love your hairy, kissy-face. Let me know when you'll need that new shipment of musicals.

love Alanna (Max and Tim too)

 
At August 26, 2007 4:19 PM, Blogger David Wichman said...

Thanks, Alanna and Max and Tim too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home