Wednesday, September 12, 2007

It's Alive! Alive!!!



Just a quick update to say I am recovering well at home. I'm still pain-free, but my energy levels aren't yet back to normal. Mornings are better, and so I try to get in a little excercise; today I enjoyed a long walk through Mount Pleasant Cemetery. This gave me a chance to listen to a CD of good friends Allegra, Tara, and Derek performing improvised songs and acting silly between such hit tunes as a disco version of the Star Wars theme and the song from Shaft. Thanks, guys! How much will you pay me NOT to post one of your songs here on the blog?

Indeed, thank you to all for your cards, flowers, and goody baskets which have been arriving all week. A very special thanks in particular to my wise-ass sister and her partner Marianne, whose package contained the Frankenstein mask pictured above. I suppose it is important to accessorize with one's wounds. Too bad I didn't receive it earlier; I could have worn it during my morning cemetery stroll. Maybe tomorrow.

2 Comments:

At September 12, 2007 9:43 PM, Blogger Kathleen said...

David

That is a really neat mask!
I laughed when I saw it tonight. I am glad you are out to walk in the gorgeous fall weather, and just know that our children's literature network is definitely checking in on your blog! Take care, Kathleen B.

 
At September 13, 2007 2:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear things are going well. Perhaps Atti and I should join you one morning on a Mt. P. Cemetery stroll. Of course, we'd have to construct some elaborate scenario whereby you jump out in the mask and scare him first. I'm sure he'd really like that. He needs a good introduction to Halloween. And monsters. What 2.5 year old doesn't like a good scare from a monster?

Steph
xo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home