Friday, November 09, 2007

Honk If You've Had Chemo

Apologies for the delay in an update this week, folks. I did indeed enter the hospital on Tuesday fro the second of my three chemotherapy treatments. Although the dose was slightly less than last time and they discharged me on Wednesday, I've nevertheless been laid up by constant nausea.

My hair-trigger gag reflex is exacerbated by my thickened saliva and my olfactory senses which seem to be working overtime in the absence of my taste buds -- every smell, no matter how subtle, sets the ol' stomach a-churnin'. All in all, it's not the good times that have been flowing these past few days.

Full calm has yet to return to my stomach, but I am feeling slightly better today. My focus now needs to be on nutrition. I am supposed to be taking in six cans of nutrients via my feeding tube daily, but so far I haven't managed more than four cans.

On a more positive note, the pain in my mouth has mercifully lessened since leaving the hospital; in fact, I haven't taken a painkiller since yesterday. I'm not sure the reason for this happy hiatus, but I'm not going to look a stiffed sore in the mouth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home