Monday, November 05, 2007

Speak No Evil... Or Anything Else


Speaking has officially become too painful. For me to do, that is; some would argue that hearing me speak has always been too painful. But if you think I mangled the English language before...

Jeanette and I visited with Dr. O'Sullivan today who took a peek in my mouth and confirmed that it should hurt. He prescribed some Xylocaine, the key anesthetic ingredient in that magic mouthwash, that I can apply directly to my mouth sores as needed. Otherwise, I'm to stick with my Tylenol 3s until they no longer do the job. After that, I'll board the Percocet express and ride it until I reach morphine town.

Tomorrow I check back into Princess Margaret Hospital for round two of chemo. I should be home again by Thursday.

2 Comments:

At November 07, 2007 10:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear David and Jeanette,
I have, as usual, been quite out of the loop, and was shocked today to hear about David's cancer.
I am thinking of you two, and wishing you a clean bill of health as soon as possible!
Sarah

 
At November 13, 2007 3:58 PM, Blogger alicia said...

is morphine town as beautiful as i remeber it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home