Monday, January 22, 2007

Finally Getting Better

The pain is less intense today; in fact, I manged to avoid taking any painkillers through the night. Swallowing is still a struggle, but the pain isn't as sharp. Fingers crossed that this means I'm finally on the upswing.


Which means, of course, that it's time for the constipation to hit full force. Yes, that's this morning's other big development. *sigh* Well, at least it didn't hit when the pain was at its worst. I'll spare you the details (sorry, Scoobies) but rest assured I have a full array of products lined up to battle this condition.

One final note in the "ya gotta laugh" department: Jeanette and I woke up to the sound and sensation of jackhammers next to our heads. Yes, the brickwork repair for our building has started in earnest -- on the outside wall of our bedroom. Good times!

4 Comments:

At January 22, 2007 10:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi David. Marsha and I hope you get better. At least you're getting meds that I can't get my hands on!!
Lots of love and hopes for a fast healing process.
Love,
Lex

 
At January 22, 2007 12:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor David -- sorry you had such a rough weekend. Hope you're new title is true -- we miss you already.
take care and keep improving!
Heather

 
At January 22, 2007 7:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Dear David,

Good to hear you're on the mend. It's a tough business you're going through! I love the drawing.

Much love, Meg

 
At January 23, 2007 2:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey david

glad to hear that you are in recovery and strongly medicated (I won't comment on the side effects). I'm all about taking meds from previous accute events (I myself am nursing a bottle of percs from a disc incident five years ago).

Hope you'll be enjoying eating again soon!

Rachel

 

Post a Comment

<< Home