Sunday, January 21, 2007

Pain Remains Bad

If I remain still, there is no pain at all. But each swallow from drinking or eating causes a sensation like a scalpel blade cutting my tongue where it meets the base of my mouth. This makes taking painkillers especially difficult.

My prescription of Tylenol-3s ran out, but Jeanette was able to speak to someone at PMH who said it would be fine to take the painkillers left over from my last surgery -- something called Endocet, which is actually stronger. I have about 15 of those pills left.

Jeanette will talk with Dr. Irish's office on Monday to renew the Tylenol-3 prescription and to see if I need to be looked at. It's frustrating not knowing whether this new pain is part of the healing process or something troubling. For instance, there was a little more blood yesterday than I've yet seen. Normal? Cause for alarm?

Meanwhile, the pain and the restlessness of being housebound has made me a bit of a beast. My apologies to visitors, callers, and especially to Jeanette for putting up with me being less than cordial.

More tomorrow.

3 Comments:

At January 21, 2007 8:34 PM, Blogger Selene said...

Not that it makes it any easier for Jeanette and others...but you have a really really good excuse for being a crankypants. Hugs to you - it sounds pretty damn awful.

 
At January 21, 2007 10:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you sure you shouldn't go to Emerg and get checked out. This doesn't quite sound very good David. Maybe the next pain medication could be a needle in the butt, then Jeanette could get you back for being cranky? Just kidding, seriously though, i would definatley being seeing your dr. (or a Dr.) pronto. Barb Dean

 
At January 22, 2007 12:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have all my sympathy, pain is just horrible to deal with. Pity there's no liquid, patches, or other alternatives. Distraction is always good. Thud and The wee free men by Terry Pratchett (on CD from the library) were wonderful to listen to. Hang in there.
Sheryl

 

Post a Comment

<< Home