Sunday, January 14, 2007

'Twas the Night Before Surgery...

...and all through my brain, the worries were few, except for the pain.

T-minus 14.5 hours until the surgery and the above statement pretty much sums up my mental state. I have full confidence that the procedure will go well; my only anxiety is anticipating the post-op pain. Even so, I'm relieved the day is finally upon us. I'm looking forward to getting it done, getting better, and the getting on with life.

My continued thanks to all for your e-mails, messages, and phone calls of support. Jeanette and my mom (who arrived in town this afternoon) will be fielding calls here tomorrow evening. Otherwise, watch this space for a health update after I arrive home from the hospital on Tuesday.

See ya'll on the flipside!

2 Comments:

At January 15, 2007 8:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi David...welcome home and hope you feel better soon. Not to be tongue in cheek or anything but did you learn any limericks from the surgeon? Might come in handy for the improv!
Thinking of you and hope the drugs help.
Cheers,
Martina

 
At January 15, 2007 9:36 PM, Blogger Selene said...

Heard from Jeanette that you are eager to babble post-surgery. Keep that morphine high as long as they'll let you!

The phone lines are a-buzz today - everyone is thinking of you.

I am thrilled to hear that things are a-okay so far!

Love,
Selene

 

Post a Comment

<< Home