Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Doc Proximity

Today I had a checkup with Dr. O'Sullivan. Everything looks A-okay; so much so that he feels another appointment isn't necessary for another three months. I'll be back to see him on October 15, at which time he'll do some more in-depth tests, such as a chest X-ray and checking my thyroid via blood work.

And speaking of blood work, also today I gave up some of the red stuff for my family doctor, Dr. Ian Gallimore, as part of my standard physical. Considering that he's just a few blocks from our apartment, and that my body has been through the wringer the past year, I thought it was high time to check in with good ol' Dr. G. At the risk of being labelled a hypochondriac, it's good to know that I can dash over to see him after any and every sniffle, sneeze, or muscle twitch. A fella can't be too careful.

In other health news, my dad contacted me shortly after my last blog post with an exciting correction: his motor vehicle privileges were reinstated on July 3. Go, Dad, Go! Now his only barrier to hitting every golf course in Ontario is the cost of gas.

And speaking of dads with big hearts, we were shaken to learn last week from our good friend Alanna that her father was also struck by a heart attack last week. He's still in the hospital, but he's doing well and in good spirits. He was playing softball when the attack occured. Luckily some of the other players were paramedics, so help arrived very quickly. Let's hear it for fathers who have the sense to exercise in the vicinity of emergency medical services!

1 Comments:

At August 07, 2008 8:02 PM, Blogger Kimitt said...

Just a quick note to thank you for this blog. It has been really helpful for me as I am helping my best freind deal with his recent diagnosis of thyroid cancer. I especially want to thank you for being so open about sharing your pictures.
Kim

 

Post a Comment

<< Home