Thursday, November 29, 2007

Done, Baby, Done!

No more zap beam! No more mask! No more daily trips to and from this awful task!

Mom and Dad drove me down to my final radiation appointment this morning. Other than a 10-minute delay to change a light bulb in the machine (or so they claim; I suspect the technicians couldn't bear to see me leave), the session went smoothly. Before I left, the technicians reminded me that the side effects of radiation may continue to worsen for up to two weeks after treatment ends. Well, I'd hate not to have something else to look forward to.

Anyway, I'm feeling weak and nauseous enough today without contemplating feeling worse over the next fortnight. All the more reason to be thankful that I'm not hooked up to a bag of chemo and sitting in a hospital bed right now. Instead, I'm celebrating with a series of naps on the couch at home. In fact, I'd better get back to it... after a shot of liquid codeine, of course. Time to get this party started.

3 Comments:

At November 30, 2007 3:06 PM, Blogger Chad Skelton said...

Hooray! Glad to hear your treatment is over, Dave! Hope your taste buds come back soon and you can treat yourself to some Swiss Chalet.

 
At December 03, 2007 1:13 AM, Blogger MarkS said...

David,

In your honour, I've arranged for the entire City of New York to change not only the colour of the Empire State Building to red and white (the Canadian colours, I am told) and I have arranged to have many maple leaves scattered across the city streets. What's mour, we will change the spelling of several nourmal wourds as well. The Mayour himself is a participatour.

Keep up the good work, and keep down the rest.

Mark the Authour

 
At December 03, 2007 10:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay David!

You've been an unusual case from the beginning. Fingers crossed that feeling worse before feeling better is another way you're different! Fool them all and just keep feeling better!

If not, your neighbours are thinking of you! Our end of the hall way is a sad sad place without you!

Hugs,
Sandra

 

Post a Comment

<< Home