Sunday, December 09, 2007

Oh, So Much Better!

What a difference a week makes.


I have been feeling so much better these past few days, I can't even tell you -- but I'll try. My mouth pain has subsided to almost nothing. Free of the constipating qualities of any painkillers, my guts have returned to their regular and painless functionality. Thank you all for enduring last week's unpleasantly graphic post.


With my pain all but gone, I have even ventured outside for two big walks this weekend. The cherry on the cake (or the star on the tree) is that Jeanette and I travelled across the street (literally) to little Garden Court Nurseries and purchased a Christmas tree. I was beginning to worry that I'd miss out on any Christmas cheer this year, but a festive little tree in our living room is helping to turn that around. It's also pleasing to have that pine smell replace the odour of my plastic feeding bag and the Nutren stuff I pour into it.


Feeling better is fantastic, but I'm also trying to keep my expectations in check. My medical team has told me repeatedly that I'll need to be patient during this time. So I'm not even thinking about how long it'll be before I'm free of goop in my mouth, before that patch of hair on the back of my head returns, before the radiation-burned skin on my neck clears up, or how long before the triumphant return of my taste buds. Nope. Not thinking about that at all...

5 Comments:

At December 09, 2007 5:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi David
Thinking of you and sending as much good vibes your way as possible
Hope you have an 'uneventful' but joyous Christmas.
take care
Dian Borek

 
At December 10, 2007 10:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhhh! Ackkkk! Nooooo! David, that's the entry that needed a warning! Don't spring a dead bird on an unsuspecting vegan!

Hee! Happy dance that you are feeling better,
Sandra

 
At December 11, 2007 2:31 PM, Blogger janice said...

I am so happy that you are feeling better. We are still sending positive energy for the speediest of recoveries. Wish we were closer so we could give you and Jeanette a big hug (will be able to do it in person in January). Hope all continues to get better!

Lots of love,
Janice

 
At December 11, 2007 4:04 PM, Blogger Buttercup said...

David your sense of humour is incredible. I am still laughing at "...nor is it a nickname I want to keep."

When you are ready I will challenge you to online scrabble.

 
At December 12, 2007 2:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

David hi,

I had no idea, just heard of your ordeal (and read some choice bits on your blog!) from Rick at conference.
Sounds hellish, I'm glad you are seeing the other side of this.
I hope you have a lovely, peaceful holiday season.

Take care of yourself.

Brad (from Firefly)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home