Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Check-Up from the Neck Up

I had a quick check-up with Dr. O'Sullivan on Monday morning. He was very pleased with my progress and I was very pleased to be able to answer his questions directly again. Not that I don't appreciate how skilled Jeanette became at translating my goop-mouth-speak to English.

The next step will be to remove my J-tube once I'm completely back to taking food orally. I'm to call Dr. O'Sullivan when I reach that point and he'll arrange for the procedure to remove the tube. In the meantime, he has booked another CT scan for me on February 19. I'll then see him again on February 27. I'll also see Dr. Irish around the same time.

Next up are follow-up appointments with the PMH dentist on January 8 and with Dr. Chen (who oversaw my chemo) on January 14. That means I can spend the holidays free of any medical appointments. Another great Christmas gift; it's just what I wanted.

1 Comments:

At December 19, 2007 4:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

David,
I have just caught up with your blog. I wish you the very best with your recovery. How you can maintain a sense of homour through all of this is indeed Amazing. and wonderful.

maybe this won't be your best Christmas ever but I'm sure it will a good one. Hang in there. All the best,
Valerie from Firefly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home