Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas!


I am thrilled to have two big Christmas wishes come true.
.
First, and most importantly, I am feeling well enough to see friends and family. Today, my father will pick up Jeanette and I to spend Christmas with them at their home in Ayr. And this past Saturday, I visited my Little Brother Alfredo for the first time since October. It was so great to see him! After that visit, I managed to meet up with my friend Kim and her husband and nephew, and then later I met my good friends Allegra and Chris, visiting from Ottawa. Each rendez-vous took place at Yorkdale mall on the last Saturday before Christmas -- yikes! Despite being surrounded by panicked shoppers, I was thrilled to be out and seeing my friends. It was definitely the happiest I've ever been in a mall at Christmastime.
.
My second wish was to have at least some taste back to enjoy a bite or two of Christmas fare. That too has come to pass, and although most tastes are still dull (especially anything sweet), I am managing three tiny meals a day now. My throat is still sore as it gets used to having food pass through it, but that's not going to stop me from sampling some turkey and stuffing tomorrow!
.
Jeanette and I would like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas. We hope you enjoy every friend, family member, and taste of Christmas that comes your way!

7 Comments:

At December 25, 2007 9:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi David, Merry Christmas to you too. I'm so glad you're on the mend and able to enjoy time with family and friends, the greatest gift! Much love to you and Jeanette.
Martina

 
At December 25, 2007 2:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you both and wishing you the very best New Year!
Very glad about the taste coming back, I think practice when it comes to sweets will really help.
So call when you feel you are ready for the Chocolate Messenger's hot chocolate with a truffle!
Love,
Cathy and the Francis Family

 
At December 26, 2007 4:00 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

Merry Christmas and here's to a healthy 2008!

 
At December 27, 2007 9:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's amazing news David! I hope you and Jeanette had a wonderful Christmas with family, friends, and food!! You both deserve it!

Cassie & Stef

 
At December 27, 2007 7:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

David, I happened to find your blog site. My dear friend is having a neck dissection tomoorow am for a 1.5 inch tumor against his jaw. stage 3..I will be there for his wifes support. Any advice or suggestions you can give me to help them cope with this? Other than prayers...He had a 2 other lip cancerous tumors removed in 2005..Now it is back...in the lymph nodes. Your blogs are priceless. I will remember to pray for your complete healing..my email cherylkawamura@comcast.net

 
At December 27, 2007 10:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Davey

We think you are looking very very healthy! Hope you had a great dinner with your family...

Meagan, Alex and small creatures

 
At December 28, 2007 12:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wishing you a peaceful and healthy 2008. Have a wonderful holiday with your family and friends and I look forward to doing more exciting projects with you soon.
Sheryl

 

Post a Comment

<< Home