Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!

Over Christmas Jeanette and I enjoyed some much needed peace and quiet with my folks at their home in Ayr. In a unexpected twist, I was feeling (and eating) well while Jeanette ended up being the patient. After months of worrying about me and stressing about the usual insanity of retail at Christmastime and dealing with countless sneezing customers, Jeanette finally succumbed to a doozy of a cold. We spent part of Boxing Day at a walk-in clinic in nearby Waterloo. I was relieved when the doctor diagnosed her with nothing more serious than a cold, but Jeanette was disappointed that he couldn't prescribe anything powerful to ease her suffering. Instead, we stocked up on over-the-counter cold medications.

Back in Toronto, we continued with the peace and quiet right through New Year's Eve. And what better way to wish good riddance to 2007 and welcome 2008 than some take-out from Swiss Chalet? Although my taste buds still aren't back to 100% and swallowing is still a bit of a challenge, I was no less pleased to finally satisy my months old craving.



Jeanette (who is feeling a little better but still coughing a lot) and I wish you all the best for 2008. We look forward to seeing everyone whom we weren't able to see over the holidays!

5 Comments:

At January 02, 2008 9:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! I hope Jeanette is feeling better - as crappy as it is to be sick, it likely forced her to get some much-needed rest! We're thinking of you both and hope to see you soon in 2008 - you've gotta meet that new baby of ours!

Take care,
Cassie, Stef, Kaden & Grayson

 
At January 02, 2008 10:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yayyy for Swiss Chalet!!! :)
I'm hope Jeanette feels better soon.
I am sooo happy to read you positive progress!!!
Happy New year!
xo
Lisa (P)

 
At January 02, 2008 10:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

(Spelling mistakes & gramatical errors! Oh the horror! hahaha)
I guess that's what the "preview" button is for!

 
At January 02, 2008 3:23 PM, Blogger alicia said...

that picture of you and the quarter chicken is next year's christmas card for sure!

so happy you're feeling better!

 
At January 03, 2008 10:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is good news. Now, do you have any Valentine's Day wishes for, say, a pastrami from Katz's deli? We can ship, we can deliver, and we can even blend it to any degree of puree. Please let us know. We are at your (full) service for Luncheon Counters of the New York Kind.

-- Mark

 

Post a Comment

<< Home