Monday, January 14, 2008

A Warm Welcome, A Fond Farewell


I cannot say enough about how wonderfully supportive my work colleagues have been throughout my treatment. True to form, they were just as generous in welcoming me back to the office last week. I was met by enthusiastic greetings, balloons, Timbits, and even a sign. Our Production Manager, Heather, pointed out that while there should be a comma after "back", it's inclusion looked weird next to the extended leg of the "k". First day back and I was already boning up on my copy-editing and typesetting knowledge. I spent the rest of the week reacquainting myself with the various projects and catching up with all that had progressed in my absence. After months of having been confined to our apartment, it felt good to be back at work.
.
Since returning to work I've also had two follow-up appointments at Princess Margaret Hospital. Last week was with PMH dentist Dr. Lee, who commended me for, so far, fending off the plaque fiesta that usually accompanies the dry mouth of post-radiation. Today was an appointment with Dr. Chen for a post-chemo checkup. He was pleased to see that I'm doing well and said that there is no need to see him again. As swell a guy as Dr. Chen is, I was not at all sorry to say happy trails, kemo sabe.
.
Next stop, G-tube removal on Wednesday.

2 Comments:

At January 15, 2008 4:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year David and welcome back! It's great to hear that you're back to the grind. Just to be an anal type nerd but the term you want to refer to on the "k" is the extended "leg"... it's those type limitations that makes me avoid Zapf Chancery as a title font:P Anyhow, just wanted to wish you a healthy and prosperous '08. cheers.

Irvin.

 
At January 17, 2008 10:06 AM, Blogger David Wichman said...

Thanks, Irvin!

From one anal-type nerd to another, I appreciate the correction. And thank you for all your support throughout my treatment. You rock, sir.

David

 

Post a Comment

<< Home